Abrahams, Bishop Ivan; Presiding Bishop, Methodist Church
Brennan, Fr. Vincent; Southern African Catholic Bishop’s Conference (SACBC)
Cibane, Evangelist. Linda; General Secretary, Ebuhleni Nazareth Baptist Church (Shembe)
Hendler, Rabbi Ron; Union of Orthodox Synagogues
Helen Terre Blanche, Buddist Community
Koegelenberg Dr. Renier; NRASD Secretariat, EFSA Institute – Secretary,
Magxwalisa, Archbishop Dr. Richard; Jerusalem Church in South Africa
Menatsi, Fr. Richard; NRASD Secretariat- Chairperson
The Most Reverend Thabo Cecil Makgoba, The Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, Church of the Province of Southern Africa
Revd Ephraim Mafetsa General Secretary, Zionist Christian Church Council (ZCC), Moria
Mthethwa, President Nkosinathi; Rome St John’s Apostolic Church
Rawhani, Ms Shohreh;Baha’i Community
Sedick, Sheik Achmat; Vice President, Muslim Judicial Council – (Vice Chairperson),
Seleoane, Revd Vasco; Africa Enterprise, Africa Independent Churches
Van der Merwe, Dr. Willie; Dutch Reformed Church
Yakobi, Pastor Butisi; Assemblies of God
Consultative forums of the NRASD
During the negotiation phase to establish a formal MOU between the Presidency and the religious sector in South Africa (represented by different networks), the NRASD formed a number of special forums to advance the consultation process. These forums are still active and focus on specific issues (like health, education, environment, inclusive economic growth, etc.):
- National Church Leaders’ Consultation (Chairperson: Archbishop Thabo Makgoba)
- Forum for mainline churches (Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Reformed, Ethiopian Episcopal Church, etc.;
- Forum for African Independent Churches (AICs) (Chairperson: Dr. Welile Mazamisa)
- Religious sector HIV/AIDS Task Team (RSHATT) : a platform for different religious networks – both on national and Provincial level (Chairperson: Canon Desmond Lambrechts)
- The faith base of the member organization: What is the link/connection to a specific faith community?
- The area of operation: local, provincial, regional, provincial, national or in more than one country?
- The nature of the programmes: social welfare and development programs, ministries, departments?
- The organizational aspects: The nature of the member organization e.g. a local organization or an organization with programmes county wide; a registered NPO, a network of ministries/programmes of a faith community?
- In order to determine the membership of a potential member an application comprising contact details, a constitution/ground rules, an annual report with a description of programmes, and a description of its management structure, and even financials would be helpful.
- Organizations eligible for membership would be organizations that can contribute to the aims of NRASD. It would therefore be organizations that represents a significant number of organizations or programmes on either provincial or national level.
The intention is to enable any religious institution that could identify itself with our objectives to become a corresponding member – participating in conferences, research and opportunities for cooperation.